There are lot of wannabe's in SL but the most striking is the Wannabe Dom. There are 10 types of wannabe Doms:
- The "I Am Dom Hear Me Roar" Dom: All shiny new leather wear, with a belt full of toys (just bought at Jack's Whip-O-Rama). Of *course* he knows what to do! He read SM101.
- The "I Just Wanna Get Laid" Dom: Roams the halls of SL sending IMs to the ladies in the Chateau telling them "On your knees! I am a Dom and you ARE my slave!". Wants to collar someone (ANYONE!) to fulfil the prophecy of his deluded elitism. Pines to belong to the clique.
- The "Dungeon Slut" Dom: Has a new 'lady love' each day (sometimes 2 or 3 a day). He swears each time that *this* one is his 'eternal true love'....at least for the next two hours.
- The "Psycho-Stalker" Dom: Wants to know *exactly* what you do...every minute of the day and night. Insists on BCCs of all sent mail, and Forwards of all read mail, wants access to your account to check up on you. Do you get the feeling that someone is watching you? With this one, you're probably right.
- The "I Just Wanna Be Your *Friend*" Dom: Offers to guide you and protect you....you innocent sweet lil thing you. Ohh, those other 10 subs? Just friends. Really.
- The "Of Course I'm Dom...I'm an Alpha male!" Dom: Warning signs: Hides behind a number of alts of BOTH genders, with a donkey and a goat thrown in for good measure, oh ...and don't forget the 'toad'. "SL and RL are completely separate and shall remain that way". Whines, a lot.
- The "I'm Not *That* Type Of Dom" Dom: Squeaky-clean image. The type of Dom who everyone *knows* is a good guy. He would never do something less than up-front and honorable. Uhohh... Totally transparent!
- The "Tom Cruise" Dom: He's young,rich, handsome (ahumm) and perfect....until you meet him in person. Then you find out that the 'Tom Cruise look-alike' you've been subbing to is 5'4", 400 lbs, bald, 50 years old, and living with his elderly mother. (Ohh yeahh... and he works as a clerk at 7-11...not as a CEO of a 'major corp'). Or….does not work at all…not because of any early success but more because....he's an all round..under-achiever.
- The "Alex I'd Like to Buy a Clue For $200" Dom: Ok, so you've got a sub (coughs)....now what?
- The "I Don't Have A Sub Bone In My Body" Dom: Really a bottom at heart, just refuses to admit it...even to himself.
This one is written with someone that wants to stay anonymous. Got her permission long time ago.